UV radiations are invisible and are constantly bathing the earth. Over exposure can cause several diseases.
How UVR impact living organism?
- UV rays affect the entire body’s homeostasis.
- Oxidative processes get triggered and toxic free radicals get generated.
- Radicals are the main culprit of most diseases.
- Skin is your body’s largest organ.
- It is the first defense line protecting against pathogens and troubling homeostasis.
- Acute burns disrupt the skin barrier giving pathogens free entry, which can cause death.
UVB and UVA radiations
- UVB penetrates epidermis layer and reaches the dermal layer.
- UVA reaches sub-dermal layer or inner-most parts, which comprises of hormonal machinery, immune cells, and other vital glands. Click to read more about Melatonin.
How to handle UVR issues?
- Melatonin is a capable radical scavenger, which helps to delineate anomalies induced by UVR.
- It is a hormone produced in human body.
- It is proved to be the best UVR preventive.
- Its anti-UVR attributes depends on the time it is administered.
- The concentration at which it is administered as per recommendation is 10-3 to 10-4 M for efficiency.
- Melatonergic Anti-oxidative system (MAS) is the latest discovery that delivers protection against different antibiotic and biotic stressors.
- MAS not just defend the external epidermal tissue but even the core dermal gland as well as hair follicles.
- It is very helpful because UVA possesses deepest penetrative power, which affects sub-dermal structures.
- Tropical dermal formulation including melatonina is best for counteracting the toxic UVR effects.