Cold can make you miserable, sometimes. Cold medication does not give you relief, but you can consider alternative methods like using essential oils.
What are essential oils?
- Essential oils are extracted from eucalyptus, peppermint, lavender, bergamot, sandalwood, and chamomile.
- Congestion due to cold gets eliminated due to eucalyptus and peppermint oil
- Lavender, sandalwood, and chamomile promote sleep.
- Some oils treat viral infection and decrease fever.
How to employ essential oils for cold?
- In boiled water add Essential Oils For Colds like eucalyptus. It is the best steam inhalation mixture to get relieved from cold symptoms like congestion.
- Drop three to four drops of eucalyptus oil on a handkerchief and sniff it frequently.
- Add a few drops on your pillow prior going to bed at night makes you sleep congestion-free.
- You can mix essential oil in your bath water and bathe.
- Headaches can be relieved by dabbing diluted peppermint oil on your temple.
- Aroma therapy is a less direct method for inhaling essential oils.
Essential oil risks and precautions
- Undiluted essential oils applied to the skin can cause irritation or burns.
- Dilute essential oil with coconut or olive oil.
- Over-inhalation can cause dizziness, nausea, and headache.
- Essential oils are potent therefore make sure to keep the bottles away from kids.
How to get relieved from cold?
- Try steam inhaling with essential oils
- Drink lots of fluids as well as rest
- Cold clears in a week
- If you got cold with fever then consult a physician
A strong immune system keeps away cold, so eat healthy, enjoy sufficient sleep and workout regularly.