Homes with security systems are actually twice or even three times safer than houses that are not secured with the right security system. Apart from some home security system installations, there are many things that can increase the effectiveness of the already installed home security system.
Home security systems are usually installed with the main purpose of helping to safeguard the home from intruders, especially when no one is present at home. If you are also one of such residents who has installed a home security system at home, then you can take these mentioned precautionary measures as an extra protective measure.
- Keep the radio or TV turned on so as to let outsiders get an impression that someone is at home listening to the radio or watching TV when no one is home.
- You can either get a pet dog to safeguard your home when you are not at home or can hang the sign such as “beware of dogs” to help keep a potential intruder at bay.
- Having an extra car always helps you. Park it in the driveway so as to give the impression for passersby that there is someone at home.
- Hire window cleaners or even a gardening company to help you with easy maintenance of your exterior for such hours when no one will be present at home.
- Make sure that there is no piling up of newspapers or mail outside the house, when you are out of town, as it indicates that there is no one at home.
Follow these steps for added security measures to enhance the home security system installed at your home.